Monday, March 07, 2005

Margaritas in Tall Glasses

Friday night I went out with C and some friends for a birthday celebration. Not my birthday, mind you. My favorite friend in the world S and I started with margaritas. We were in the bar waiting for our table, so why the heck not?

I'll tell you why SHOULD not. These margaritas came in big glassess. And we hadn't eaten yet. And we were in one of those "caution to the wind" moods you may have heard of.

I knew I had to get up early the next day. I knew I had a very full Saturday planned. I knew I could handle it. And I did. Although not gracefully.

After my morning appointment, I called C and his mom so I could meet them at our potential new wedding reception site. First of all, I was hungry - but not the kind of hungry that can be fixed. It's that after drinking nothing sounds good and yet I really need food feeling. And my skin felt like it was sliding off my skeleton.

I get there and taste their food. More like tipping the plate's contents into my open mouth. I was a bit shakey due to the booze/blood sugar issues and probably looked like I belonged to a family of gypsies. The food was really good though. We will likely have the reception there.

Then it was off to Ikea. The land of made up languages. We picked up some bookshelves we've desperately needed for some time now.

Then it was off to Downtown Disney for yet another birthday celebration dinner. I had lots and lots of diet coke. And water. And the waiter kept telling us how much money the restaurant could make in one night. All of our inside voices were begging him to stop talking. So that's what a high class restaurant has that a Carl's Jr. doesn't? Economics classes?

No comments: