Friday, March 25, 2005

You've Got it All Wrong...

I'm not trying to offend you. I'm just trying to amuse myself.

I went to explore today after being let out of work a little early. I took the point and shoot camera with me.

I saw a building, with a dome and it had a cross on top! It looked totally interesting, so I did the u-turn and drove into the parking lot. I took some pictures and tested the doors. They were locked. Unknown to me, I soon drew the attention of the keeper of the dome.

It turned out to be a Greek Othodox Church, and keeper guy was all kinds of annoyed - but trying to do his "welcome to our house of worship" bit. He did actually let me inside. Told me what I could touch and what I couldn't, and how to make sure the door was closed behind me when I left. He told me "their" Easter isn't until May, to enjoy these pamphlets, and to CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND ME WHEN I LEFT.

It's a really great building. Very modern arty, and gaudy all at the same time. Unfortunately, it was so big that I couldn't get any really good shots of the best parts. Meh. It was worth the exploration anyway. IT TOTALLY HAD A DOME WITH A CROSS ON TOP! How could I resist?

Later, I noticed this giant white cross near my home area that I had never ever noticed before. This time when I pulled into the parking lot, I vowed not to go around pulling on any locked doors. Lucky for me, this particular cross was at the back of the parking lot away from the flock. I took some pictures of that too. Again, it was so large that any really good shots have to be taken with a better camera.

Now I'm home and my pizza has arrived. Combine that with some beer and t.v., and I've got quite a religion of my own.

No comments: