Monday, August 01, 2005

Goodbye to Shoe

I in no way intended to have a post to dedicate to the Rev. Brandy so soon, but here it is:

C and I went to the college center for some dinner tonight. C said he wanted to go to the ATM on campus, so we walked over there after eating.

There is a little bit of construction going on at the campus. The preventative fences and warning signs are posted.


To which I said "HA!" and started climbing around to find stuff like this:

C decided to go ahead to the ATM, because he knows that trying to wait for me to stop taking pictures could take all night. Actually, if he let me, it could probably take a week or two.

As I climbed down off of the cement thing, I felt my left flip flop go flop. When I got down on solid ground, I realized I had broken one of the straps off. Those shoes are about three years old, and I had nearly worn the heels off of them as it was. They were the best $9 I ever spent.

I tried to walk with the un-flipping only flopping shoe, but it wasn't working at all. I finally just took it off and wandered around with only one flip flop. I couldn't go very far, so I just waited in the area for C to come back around.

When C came back he saw my shoe. He wasn't surprised in the least. He just said "Well, ok. Note to self. Extra shoes for Zoom when walking around."


We began the walk back to the car, me with just one shoe. When we got to the parking lot, C picked me up to carry me the rest of the way to the car. It was so cute of him.

When we got close, he set me down very gently. I didn't have my balance though, and I basically just crumpled onto the ground, bringing C down with me. We sorta rolled into an empty parking space.

We both just started laughing. C kept saying "I TOTALLY DROPPED YOU!" And then he tried to help me up, but I was laughing too hard and with only one shoe, couldn't get my balance OR traction.

We laughed all the way home. Where I ran inside and washed off my foot.

2 comments:

Ms. Amanda Tate said...

YAY!

* clapping *

All fall down!

ZooooM said...

That we did. I just hope the people working late in the big building next to the parking lot were looking when we did this. It had to look like we were falling down (ooooo!) drunk! Our last chance to be mistaken for college age naer do wells!