Monday, June 27, 2005

Nearsighted Lunch

I don't wear my glasses at lunch. I wear them at work and when I'm driving at night. When C and I go to lunch, I just use regular sun glasses.

I'm nearsighted. So my food and C are always in focus; and yet I still have difficulty getting all of the food in my face and not on my clothes and the surrounding table. C calls this the chipper shredder effect. C has his own food juggling talent. We're quite a duo, I'm telling you.

Oh, and then there was the time we discovered that plastic forks stuck in the metal table outside of Baja Fresh make great catepults.

Anyone need further evidence that we should remain child free? I didn't think so.

Today I look over C's shoulder to the man sitting at a table behind him. This man was reading a magazine called "Making the Cut." I, of course, read it as "Making Out." I gave myself the giggles.

Back at the office I was working on some discovery and instead of writing "seat belt", I wrote "seat bleat". That is STILL making me giggle. Mostly because I know spellcheck would totally let that go. And people keep asking me "What's so funny...." and I try to tell them. But they don't get it. Which is ok with me.

It's like that time I found that Catfish comic and for weeks I cracked myself up with it. People around me were trying to explain that it "just isn't that funny."

I'll bet they have 20/20 vision.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You know, I would have told everyone the lunch table man was reading "Making Out". That's just me though. Call me a pot stirrer if you must.

I kinda like "seat bleat"...I think that's the sound my seat makes every time I sit down!